Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

"Celebrate" with this 'hinge' card!

As I promised- today I'm sharing more photos & details about THE CARD that I posted yesterday.  Here is a close up of the front of the hinge card.  Isn't it cute!  I colored it with our Stampin' Write Markers. I think that it is a real wow card.  Can't you just imagine how excited the recipient of this card would be when they get it.
Here it is opened up!  Check it out!  See why I call it a hinge card.  And it is so easy & so much fun to do!  It was definitely a big hit at my monthly classes this past week.  I know that it is a favorite of mine too.

Stamp Set:  'Big Day' (SAB)
Card Stock:  Softy Sky, Coastal Cabana, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Designer Paper:  Best Year Ever (SAB)
Ink:  Black Memento
Stampin' Write Markers: Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry & Calypso Coral
Other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Starburst Framelits, Circle Frameltis, Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Bow Builder Punch, Owl Punch (for the circle on the bow), Candy Dot Brad Base, Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Piercing Mat, 2 1/2" Circle Punch
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


How would you like to have the measurements for this card?
Here they are-
  • Card base- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2- Soft Sky
  • Card front- 4 1/4 x 2 3/4"- Chocolate Chip; 4 1/4 x 3 1/4"- Coastal Cabana, 4 1/4 x 1- Crushed Curry; 4 1/4 x 1- Best Year Ever Designer Paper
 For the Circle part-
  • 2 3/4" Whisper White strip- stamp Birthday Word image onto card stock & punch out using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch
  • 3 1/2" Chocolate Chip Strip- cut our Starburst Framelit
  •  4" Crushed Curry Strip- cut out Circle framelit
Next-
  • Adhere Crushed Curry strip onto the front of card (onto the Chocolate Chip piece) & then attach the bow to it.
IMPORTANT NOTE:  Adhere the Chocolate Chip Polka Dots directly to the Soft Sky at the bottom.  DO NOT PUT ADHESIVE ON the top 1" of the Chocolate Chip card stock (what I would call the top of it- which is at the center of the card).  You want to be free so that the Coastal Cabana top part can slide down into the Chocolate Chip piece.  They over lap together some. 

If you have any questions- don't hesitate to contact me & ask.

++++
WOW!  What a busy weekend we had.  I was beat last night by the time I got home.  I answered a few emails & I hit the hay.  Cathy & Judy had a great party yesterday!  I enjoyed getting to share with everyone that came to stamp with us!  

I'm off to pick up the boys.  With the warmer temps I think I'll put old jeans, old coats & their boots on them & let them play.  It will be good to get some fresh air & run off some energy.  It has been a long winter cooped up in the house.  Deke was up early to chore & is headed to the office for the morning.  We'll have a late lunch- as we'll wait on him to get home to eat with us.

Tonight Brayden will be here after school.  I'm looking forward to seeing him & hearing all about his weekend & day at school.  He is so excited that he gets to ride the bus here now and so is g'ma.  It makes it so much easier on all of us.  And he is here by 3:45, so he still gets to play with the boys some before they leave too. 

After Brayden leaves I'll be spending my whole evening entering orders & finalizing things with my hostesses from yesterdays party.  

Gotta run....
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment