Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

To a CLASSIC card AND keep reading about a BLOG HOP!


Hello!!
Here is a great guy card that I made.  I designed it for a monthly swap that I'm in with some other demonstrators & I also shared it with my Iowa Inkers downline team as a shoe box swap that they all got to make at my meeting here on Saturday!  

Guy cards aren't always easy to create.  So when I saw this awesome new stamp set- 'Guy Greetings' in the Occasions Catalog I know that I had to have it!!
Isn't it just a cute card!  I love the old car & then the banner flags along the side are just so fitting.

stamp set:  'Guy Greetings'
card stock:  Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla
designer paper:  Park Lane
ink:  Soft Suede
other:  Big Shot, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Gold Metal Buttons, Burlap Ribbon (shredded it to tie into the center of the button), paper snips, dimensionals & glue dot

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

I was asked to do a Stampin' Up! (R) Blog Hop from a fellow friend- Dena Rekow.
You can check out her blog:  The Creative Cave- http://drekow.typepad.com
I was then asked to answer the following questions-

1. What are you working on?  
I stamp every day- so I'm always working on something!  I started my blog alittle over 3 years ago now & I've never missed a day of posting a new project yet.  We live, eat & breath stamps at our house.  

I am presenting at our Stampin' Up! Leadership Event next week in Orlando, Florida- so have been adding that extra planning to my already crazy schedule.  I'm presenting about KITS- so I've been writing my script, rehearsing & working on projects for my display board.  I am excited about getting to go & I'm looking forward to this Stampin' Up! event.  I will get to see so many of my demonstrator friends from all over the US & Canada!  And I plan to come home with TONS of new ideas to share with my customers at my upcoming events. 

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I would say that I do have a certain style- although I'm not sure what style you'd call it.  I love to layer & love dimensionals!  Often people can pick out one of my cards from a pile of cards, just by looking at it & know that it is a "Susie" card.  I don't copy other projects too often.  I usually try to do original designs.   I love stamping, creating & sharing!!

3. Why do you create what you do?

I create a project depending on what is on my calendar of upcoming events.  Mostly I design cards. But I do some scrapbooking & 3D items too though.

I am getting ready to host my big Annual All Occasions Card Class in March- so have been planning that event.  And then each April I do an annual Stamp Camp too.  This year I'm changing up that event & it will be called- "Susie's Spring Fling"!  Everyone attending will be making a few 12x12 square samplers & a couple of other projects too.  I've been making the square samplers & I've had alot of customers tell me that they'd love to make them!  So I am excited about adding this FUN NEW EVENT to my calendar & hope I that have a good turn out for it.  Do you want to see what I'm talking about when I talk about my square samplers?  Check out my winter sampler HERE!! 
Be sure to check back tomorrow as I'll be posting a spring square 12x12 sampler that my Iowa Inkers team did as a swap for our meeting we had this past weekend!! 
 
4. How does your creativity process work?

  • I choose what event or what I need a project for
  • I choose my stamp set
  • I then choose the colors I want to use
  • I then just start playing(I mean creating & stamping!)
I am lucky I guess, as creating comes easy to me.  I am definitely perfectionist though- so often the card that my customers see at one of my events isn't my first & only attempt at what they get to make.  I often make a card & then end up deciding "if I would change this little thing" that I'd like it better.  

Next Monday- January 26th, 2015-  I've asked my demonstrator friends- Brenda & Lynda to join this blog hop- so be sure to check out their blogs then!! NOTE:  I will also link these 2 blogs again next Monday on my blog- so that you don't forget to check them out!
++++++
I'm off to pick up the boys.  Deke has a meeting today.  Tonight I have my monthly delivery stamp run- so I will be seeing many along the way to deliver their orders to them!
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment