Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

It is time to CELEBRATE!!!

WOO HOO!!
We are celebrating!!!
Today Brody & Drake are 3 years old!
How in the world can that be?
It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that they were born.
Their arrival was definitely a day I'll never forget.
WE are SO BLESSED to have twins!
 So here are their birthday cards that I made last night.
Their birthday party theme is construction/dump trucks.
Although I rarely show projects created with retired product....
today you are seeing cards made with all current products
EXCEPT for the stamp set- 'I Dig You' is retired.

'I Dig You'- RETIRED
'Good Greetings' (new hostess set)
'Metro Type Alphabet set
cs:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Marina Mist
ink:  Black Memento Pad, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede
supplies:  Cupcake Punch (for the clouds), 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Candy Dot Brad Bases, dimensionals, Big Shot, Chevron Embossing Folder

I hope the boys like their cards!!
We will have a big party for them on Sunday.
Today they get a little celebration here at grandma's.
I have the house decorated with banners & balloons.
Plus have made their favorite WOOD CAKE!
It is crispix bars pressed into an angel food cake pan.
And M&M are sprinkled on the top of it for the frosting.
This cake is a Wood tradition & many of you have tasted it before.
It is very yummy!!!
 ++++++
Here is my Wood Cake Recipe incase you'd like to make one at your house.
 Crispix Bars

I used a whole 12 oz. box of the Crispix Cereal.

Melt: 
1 stick margarine
1/4 c. white karo sryup
16 oz. pkg of marshmellows (I use small ones as they melt faster)

Remove from heat: 
Stir in 1 c. Peanutbutter
THEN
Stir in  on box of Crispix.
(Add 1 c. coconut- optional!)
Dump & press into a greased cake pan or a cookie sheet.


(They don't cut very well- we just pull them apart!)

ENJOY!!!
++++++++++++

We are all headed to the races tonight to cheer on Nathan
in Columbus Junction- weather permitting.
Tonight is season championship & Nathan is leading the points.
But we got alot of rain yesterday- so we are betting that they get rescheduled.

Brayden will be here after school too- so the boys are excited to see him.

I'm off to Manda's to get the boys.
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment