Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

A "Class of 2014" Graduation Cap/Card

Hello!
Here is a quick post.
I'm still cutting card stock & packing up for my workshop I have today!
I can't wait to see Ila & the gang & stamp with everyone!
I have some super cute cards to share with everyone stamping with me for my monthly classes this month.
Be sure to stop back by later this week as I'll be posting them.
I did lots of fun folds!

 I have already posted this card, but added the year to it....
Click here to see my previous post! 
so posting it again, along with the measurements as I've had a few people ask me how I did it.
This is a card that I did for a swap that I was in last month with Carols' group.

Yep- Graduation is just around the corner, so thought this would be appropriate to make.
What graduate wouldn't like getting a card like this!
Check out the cute tassel on it that I made with the Fringe Scissors- pg. 31 in the Occasions Catalog.
 I used the graduation set- 'Pomp & Circumstance' on pg. 29 in the Occasions Catalog.
The the set- 'Memorable Moments'- pg. 134 in the Main Catalog.

 Here are the directions for the fold.
Grad Cap Card-
  • Cut paper 4 1/4" x 9 3/4"
  • Score at 5 1/2"
  • Add Diagonal Plate
  • With short side at the top, score diagonally from the 2 1/8" mark, turn card over and score again from the 2 1/8" mark forming an X over the 5 1/2" scored line.
  • Fold along all scored lines
  • At the top of the card mark the center (2 1/8")
  •  With the paper timer cut from the 2 1/8" mark to the first scored line on both sides forming a point.

For Whisper White lining-
  •  Cut 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Mark the center at the top of card then mark 2" down the side of the card from that end cut from center mark to each 2" mark forming a point.
Layer inside of card-
  • Cut a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (square)

'Pomp & Circumstance'  
cs:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
ink:  Black Stazon
supplies:  Scoring Tool, Diagonal Scoring Plate, Merry Mini Punch Pack (Small Star),
dimensinals, glue dots, Neutrals Candy Dots (Basic Black), Candy Dots Brad Bases, Paper Piercing Mat & Tool, White Twine, Fringe Scissors, Sticky Tape 

I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
HUGS!
SUSIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment