Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

The twins & their "Wood" birthday cake!

Some of you already know our "Wood" family tradition with this cake.
And some of you have even had it before!
For those of you that haven't- you should try it!
It is yummy!
 Here is Brody!
And here is Drake.
They both LOVE crispix cake & they especially LOVE the M&Ms on the top!
The cake worked perfectly this year for their M&M birthday theme.
Isn't this precious!

Crispix Bars/Cake

Melt: 
1 stick margarine
1/4 c. white karo sryup
16 oz. pkg of marshmellows
 (I use small ones as they melt faster)

Remove from heat:
Add 1 c. Peanutbutter
Stir in good.
Then add a 12 oz. box of Crispix.
Stirring carefully so that you don't crumble the hexagon cereal squares.
Press into a greased angel food cake pan or cookie sheet.

(They don't cut very well- we just pull them apart!)

ENJOY!!!

I have taken this cake to work with me at the courthouse for several birthdays.
I've made this cake/bars for downline meetings.
I've made this cake for friends birthdays.
and
I've made this as bars for my stamp camps!
But everyone in our family on their birthday gets a cake like this.
Deke's mom started this tradition & it is been a fun one to continue!
We all love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment