Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

Here is a quick guy card that made last night for Father's Day!
 I am really liking the new Smoky Slate Neutrals color.
And how about this new Star stamp set!
'Simply Stars' & 'Delightful Dozen'
cs:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Smoky Slate
ink:  Smoky Slate & Basic Gray
supplies:  This & That Washi Tape, Paper Snips, Extra Large Oval punch, dimensionals, 
Merry Minis punch pack- small star punch (this is a carry over item & still available)

Today is a bitter sweet day........
Today is not only Father's Day, but it is also my dad's birthday.
AND it is also the 7th anniversary of his death.
So today is a very sad day too!
OH how we MISS MY DAD SO MUCH!
He was an amazing man!
He knew everyone, he could fix anything, he was hard working, he loved to have fun- laughing & smiling all of the time, he was an avid racing fan of Nathan's
 & he was always there for us- anytime we needed anything!
He would have LOVED all of our little boys- Brayden, Brody, Drake 
& my great nephew Lawson.
It is so sad that they never got to know him.
But they all know him by his picture & because we talk about him often.
Brayden knows alot about his Papa John.  
He know what kind of foods my dad liked, what his favorite color was, some of his favorite songs & sayings, etc, etc, etc.....
I love it when Brayden talks about Papa John.
It just melts my heart!
(This photo was taken at the races 3 days before my dad died.)
So today is a CELEBRATION for all of the dad's out there.
We are thankful for the dads in our lives- 
my Dad, Deke, Nathan, Steven, my Uncle Jerry, my step father Dick 
& my father-in-law David.

Last night Deke & I took my Aunt Virginia out for supper as she will be celebrating a birthday soon.
Then Manda, Steve & the twins came out to visit us.
Today I'm going to do some cleaning & bookwork.
Then our kids are coming here to eat supper with us!
Yeah- we got Deke a new grill, as our old one is literally rusted out & falling apart.
So we'll be cooking marinated tenderized ham steaks on it.
 Yum- Yum!

I hope you enjoy your day by either spending it with the special dads in your life
 or remembering your dad on this special dad's day!

Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment