Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

An elegant 'Watercolor Winter' card

Good morning!
I want to share an elegant card that I created for my Go Diva "WOW Christmas Card" swap group.  We swap a few time per year.  This is an amazing group of ladies- many of whom I've connected with through Founders that past 6 years.  I'm honored to part of this group.  I hope they all like my card.  

I am also having my downline make this card at my meeting here tomorrow.  I really like this stamp set.  Since it is a 2 steppin' style & a watercolor design I decided that I wasn't going to stress over making them all line up perfectly.   Don't you think it looks ok?

I used the MASKING technique when stamping this.  I stamped the outline of the poinsettia in Early Espresso; then stamped the inside of the poinsettia in Cherry Cobbler; then using a post stick it note I stamped the poinsettia onto it & cut it out using the scissor snips= creating my mask; I put the mask over the top of the stamped poinsettia;  then stamped the outline of the leaves; then the inside of the leaves; then the pine needles; and then removed the mask.   I colored the center of the poinsettia with the awesome new Stampin' GOLD Dazzle marker on pg. 19 of the Holiday catalog.  I also colored the smallest basic pearls using this GOLD Dazzle marker & put 3 of them in the center of the poinsettia.  Cool huh!!!   
 'Watercolor Winter' & 'More Merry Messages'
cs:  Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler & Naturals Ivory
ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler & Always Artichoke
supplies:  Big Shot, Lacy Brocade Embossing folder, Early Espresso Tulle, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Gold Dazzle marker, 2 1/2" circle punch, 2 3'8" circle punch, glue dot, dimensionals

I first stamped the pines along the outside edges of the Always Artichoke layer & then ran it through the Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade embossing folder on pg. 6 of the Holiday Catalog.  In person this is very pretty & elegant.

Do you see the sparkle on the card?
When I was finished with making the card I sprayed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist & rubbing alcohol mixture.  One of my favorite things to do to a finished card.  I love the sparkle!

The twins did great yesterday while we unloaded & sorted new baby piggies.  
Here are a couple of photos of them.
 I pulled them up to the hogs houses in their little wagon.
Here they are talking to Papa while we are waiting for the piggies to arrive.

 Here is a picture of me holding a black baby piggy so that the boys could touch it.
They both liked it!  He is cute little baby piggy!  I love baby pigs!

 Here the twins are checking out the big piggies with Papa.  These pigs will go to market next week.  
They weigh approx. 270#. 
I LOVE this photo of the 3 of my guys!

Ok.......I need to go.  Another busy day ahead.  Or should I say we have several busy days ahead. 
The twins are staying with us until their parents get home Monday evening.  
So grandma & Papa are going to be tired.  But we'll have lots of fun!!  
Brayden gets to come spend the day with us today.  I am sure he is going to want to head right out to see the baby piggies since he's been in school this week & couldn't be here when they arrived.

I hope you have a fabulous day!!
Happy Stamping!
ENJOY!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment