Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Lovin' this pinwheel quilt card!

HI!  Happy Friday!!!

I just really like this card.....
I use to make quilts.  I was blessed a wonderful grandma Cox that showed me how to be crafty!  I just don't have the time any more to do any quilting (someday I will)- so have to do it on my cards!!

This is a card that I did at my STYC.  It is called a pinwheel technique.  It is much easier to do than it looks.

*Cut 2 pieces of card stock 2 5/8" square.
*Lay them on top of each other making the triangle corners.
*With the 1 1/4" square punch out 8 squares.
*Attach them starting at one point & lay on top of each other as you go around the outside triangles, being sure to leave about 1/8" card stock edge. 
*On the last square- slide it in under the first one.
NOTE:  Only put adhesive on the first square on the right side so that you can slide the last square up underneath it.  

'Loving Thoughts'
cs:  Riding Hood Red & Basic Gray
Twitterpated Designer Paper
ink:  Basic Gray
supplies:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, basic pearls, Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin ribbon, dimensionals, sticky strip

One of my MANY projects to do this summer is that I want to make a barn quilt to hang on our old milk shed.  This is the pattern I want to use.  :)  I just love barn quilts & think it would look really neat on our farm.  If I get it done- I'll be sure to post a picture of it!

It is going to be a busy next 36 hours before we leave for Disney!  Making my swaps are first on my list to do.  Then will start making my list of things to pack, clean & such.  Also have stamp orders to deliver & a few other errands I have to run. 

Hope you have a great day!! 

ENJOY!
Happy Stamping!
SUSIE


No comments:

Post a Comment